Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!






I am a little behind on my posts, but time flies by this time of year! Our Thanksgiving actually began the week before when my Mom and Peter came down for an event. When they left, they took Jackson back with them and I drove up a few days later with the other boys. Jackson enjoyed his first few nights away from home and he loved having his Grandparents all to himself. He got to ride the train for the first time and they spoiled him with toys and treats. In spite of all that he seemed pretty happy to see us when we arrived. Particularly his best friend Francis!

On Thanksgiving Day, I decided to introduce the kids to the old family tradition of hiking Lantern Hill. That was a mistake. It was a beautiful day, but I had forgotten that much of the trail goes alongside a steep cliff. Needless to say, by the time we reached the car again, I was still hyperventilating, Nicholas had been bitten by a tick (which we didn't discover until the next day) and we were late to pick up Casey at the airport.

We returned to have dinner with my Mom and Peter's family and then headed up to RI for dinner with Sarah and Kevin, Aunt Lee and Bill and Paka and Mama ReRe. What a great day!

No comments: