Sunday, March 8, 2009

Crazy Days






The weather has been crazy. Just when I think spring has arrived we get a foot of snow. We are also beginning to get a little restless. Casey has just 7 weeks left of classes! We are waiting to hear about his start date in DC and trying to pick out houses, schools, Parishes, etc in VA but afraid to do anything until we hear what the start date is.... We are very much a family in transition and eager to get settled somewhere.

All of this chaos is taking its toll on my brain. I will give you an example. The other day Jackson had a dentist appointment so, I loaded the kids up for an afternoon at the dentists office. While we were there it seemed we had an unusual number of "bathroom issues" and I kept having to request the key to the restroom from the receptionist. Finally I just put it in my pocket and figured I would give it back when we were leaving.
We eventually finished up at the dentist and raced home to get Jackson ready for Hockey practice. I got him dressed, loaded all his equipment, a diaper bag, toys and snacks for Francis, a snowsuit for the baby, and drinks for everyone into the car. Next I loaded the kids. Finally we were ready, so I pulled out my car key and of course it was not my car key but the key to the dentist's bathroom. The car keys were locked in the house... with the house keys.

I attempted to break in with Jackson's hockey stick by climbing up to one of the windows. The kids were cheering me on and everyone in the neighborhood walked by and asked "if everything was okay". Finally, after a half an hour I had to admit defeat and call Casey to come home and let us in.

The upside to all this was that we missed hockey practice, Casey was home an hour earlier than usual, dinner was already made and I got to go to my book club that night after thinking I wouldn't be able to make it. All in all not a bad day.

Here are some recent pics including some that Jackson took of himself, Nicholas, the dragon to his castle, and believe it or not the proof of a family photo we had taken as they were showing it to us on their computer. For some reason Francis has been camera shy lately, but I did include a shot of his handiwork. (The figurines around the cross)

No comments: