Friday, December 19, 2008

Winter Greetings!





It is cold and rainy here but we are having a nice day getting things ready for Christmas. Things have calmed down a bit since the arrival of little Nicholas and I am beginning to feel a little better. For those of you who were wondering the delivery went great. I had been in early labor on and off for two weeks, but I wasn't sure it was doing anything and I was starting to get tired and discouraged. I went in Tuesday at 1:30 for my 40 week appointment and the midwife checked me and told me I was 4+ centimeters and going to go soon and very fast. She was right because as soon as I got home I realized I was in active labor and called Casey. We got back to the birth center around 4 and he was born at 5:30. I only had to push for 20 minutes, which was nice after the other two.

He is doing great, already up to 8lbs 11ozs at his last checkup. He is a pretty quiet baby and eats and sleeps well. He looks a lot like both his brothers, but especially like Jackson. The older boys love him and enjoy helping with him and holding him.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Great photos and stories. Keep them coming! The smilebox feature is cute!

Sarah said...

Oh, this is so cute, and makes me miss you all the more. You always have your boys looking so cute!

Pamela U. Parks said...

thanks for the christmas card... i love seeing the boys grow up. glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Amy Erickson said...

Sarah:
I am so happy to hear that labor an delivery went so well! I have been praying for you as you transition from mommy of two to a mommy of three.
Hugs,
amy e