Friday, September 5, 2008

Ice Skating




Lately, Jackson has developed and interest in ice hockey. It started when he found some skates I had purchased for him at a yard sale in MI and he has been talking about it non-stop. I guess it was inevitable since my father, brother and I all played ice hockey. Anyway, it turns out there is an ice rink down the street so today they tried skating for the first time. I figured it would either end his obsession or fuel it, in which case we would sign him up for hockey.


Not only did Jackson love it, but so did Francis! They went out there armed with bike helmets, knee pads and mittens and they had a great time. Jackson took to it right away, but poor Francis spent the first 15 minutes in a perpetual fall. He liked the ice though, so he finally gave up on the skates and crawled. After a while he figured out how to get himself up and did really well after that. Here are some of the highlights:




2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, you sure keep busy. That looks like so much fun. Jackson is looking so grown up! And riding 2 wheelers and ice skates. We miss you all soo much.
Thanks for posting these adorable pictures and updates, now we need a good belly one of you!

Amy Erickson said...

Hi sarah:
Fun to read about you and the boys. You offically have a man clan. I remember when you bought those ice skates!
Hugs,
Amy E