This year Francis wanted a video game party with all of his classmates. Unfortunately, for him, in order to get all of your friends together for a party the first day back from Christmas break, your Mom has to be super organized and plan the party and hand out invites in mid December and then pray all of your friends don't forget about t over the break. Needless to say, that didn't happen, so by the time I actually called the video game truck, their next available date was a weekday in mid-February. Lucky for me Francis is a really good sport, and we decided to make it a Mardi Gras video game party. All was well until we got 36 inches of snow the weekend before! The snow banks on either side of our road and driveway left us with nothing but tunnels and I feared they would never be able to get a tractor trailer truck full of playstations into our driveway. When I called to confirm the afternoon before, they bailed on me. Motivated by the pure panic of having to entertain 20 first graders expecting video games, I went through the Yellow Pages and found a mobile video game unit who was willing to come on short notice. (believe it or not there is more than one) An hour before the party we were out there with shovels trying to get the truck into the driveway. Thanks to the persistence of the driver and our willingness to sacrifice the mailbox, he was in and the party was on!
The kids had a great time going between treats in the house and games in truck. Francis wanted everything in Skylander theme, which was hard to come by last year so we had to improvise. (He is such a trendsetter...) I made a cake that would only be impressive to 7 year old boys, and was so bad I told them it was only for inedible and fed them cupcakes instead.
I think, in the end Francis would agree it was worth waiting for. He had fun with his friends and got his fill of sweets and video games to last him through lent.
No comments:
Post a Comment