Friday, June 21, 2013

9 Year-Old Division Champs!

 article in the local newspaper about it.
 on the mound

 Some really excited kids!

Greeting from a fan
And another...
 First place trophies!
 Team Picture
 After party!

What a game! Jackson's team went 10-2-1 during the regular season and went on to win the division championship.Above is the article that appeared in our local paper about it. Basically, his team took an early lead and were up 6-0 by 5th. Then they put Jackson in to pitch the last two innings and he had the worst outing he has ever had. He allowed 5 runs in the fifth and they had to invoke the mercy rule. (no more than 5 runs per inning) It wasn't all his fault, there were some defensive errors, etc, but it was ugly. I was afraid he would be devastated. So his team got up to bat in the top of the 6th and wasn't able to score. Hi Coach put him back on the mound with the score 6-5 in the bottom of the last inning. This time he was able to get two strikeouts and throw a guy out at first for the final out of the game! Of course, I was dying a thousand deaths, watching the whole thing from the playground and I figured Jackson must have been really nervous going back out to pitch the last inning. After the game, I asked him what was going through his mind and how he managed to quiet his nerves enough to get the last three outs. He says "Mom, we were winning, like 10 to nothing. I wasn't nervous at all!"...

No comments: